littleroot
bisexual
bar owner, drug manufacturer
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
knit our bones together | m
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 4:15:10 GMT
Absinthe Blackwood Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","absinthe"]
[attr="class","body"]

the snake pit is quiet on this night. all of her regulars are gone, her labwork is done, and so the bartender is alone with her own thoughts, idly sorting the shelves on the walls and doing chores she had not managed to complete during the day.[break][break]

the air inside is thick with the scent of stale alcohol and a hint of something more pungent, almost chemical. the walls, once a deep crimson, are now faded and peeling, with patches of grime collecting in the corners. a single, flickering neon sign above the bar casts an eerie, greenish hue over the room, barely illuminating absinthe's semi-masked face. the bar itself is long and worn, its surface marred with countless nicks and stains, a testament to years of neglect and rough patrons. behind it, absinthe moves with a kind of methodical precision, her movements sharp and uninviting. shelves lined with dusty bottles of dubious origin stretch up to the low ceiling, some filled with liquor, others with substances you’re better off not knowing about.[break][break]

she had hoped that, somehow, the night would end in silence, that she would be able to get back to the lab and avoid sleep for another night. alas, such fortune has never landed squarely in absinthe's hands. the snake pit's entrance chimes. absinthe glances up with narrowed eyes.[break][break]

god, let this go quickly.

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aria

Eve, Snake Eyes
She/Her
October 12
Sootopolis
Money
Scientist
Grunt
awards
55 posts
part of
TAG WITH @evelyn
Evelyn Vespera
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 6:34:57 GMT
Evelyn Vespera Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rizzy snakeeyes"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","postbody"]
         The night was ripe with potential, and Evelyn was eager to make the most of it. Caring for a child all by herself had been a daunting task, but one she embraced with unwavering dedication. Tonight, however, was her time to shine—to captivate someone or impress in any way she could. She had heard quite a bit about the Snail Pit, a place known for its good drinks as well as drugs. [break][break] Her curiosity got the better of her, leading her to walk through its doors. As she entered, Evelyn’s initial excitement gave way to a touch of disappointment. The bar was far from the lively scene she had imagined even worst the bartender seemed to be a fuzzy mood. Wonderful.

[break][break]

Despite the less-than-glamorous surroundings, Evelyn refused to let her spirits sag. Her determination to enjoy the night remained undiminished. She moved with an air of effortless grace, her presence commanding attention as she glided towards the bar. Evelyn maintained her charm, her smile radiant and unwavering.[break][break]

Taking a seat at the bar, she addressed the annoyed bartender with a confident, smooth tone. “Do you have any brandy?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
           [break]

• hope this is okay.

[attr="class","bannercolor"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".snakeeyes"]--accent: #80687A!important; --headercolor: #80687A!important; [/newclas]
[newclass=".rizzy"]--accent: #80687A; --headercolor: #80687A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy"]width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:15px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy b"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy i"]opacity:0.8; letter-spacing:0.5px; font-style:italic; text-decoration:solid underline #444; text-underline-offset:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .inner"]display: flex; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .sidebar"]background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fa/8f/57/fa8f57a1b250fc89dfeee5a8a1efc829.jpg) center no-repeat; background-size: cover; min-height: 300px; max-height: 750px; width: 100px; margin: 15px; border: solid 9px #222; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .textbody"]width: 350px; align-items:center; background-color:#262626; border-radius:0px 15px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .postbody"]padding: 30px 30px 0px 25px;  color: #eee; text-align: justify; font: 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .oocnotes"]text-align: center; font: 11px/13px 'Poppins'; color: #666; border-top: 1px solid #303030; padding-top:10px; margin:0px 20px 10px 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .oocnotes a"]font:bold 15px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .bannercolor"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--headercolor); height: 20px; border-radius: 0px 0px 15px 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".rizzy .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 7px; bottom: 24px;[/newclass][newclass=".rizzy .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.7s all; color:#222; opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=".rizzy:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2024 3:56:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

when the door chimes, it is not the signal of the usual degenerates. it is a lovely-seeming lady, who seems out of place in such parts. absinthe is, of course, not one to judge. many years ago, she would never have been seen dead in a place like the snake pit.[break][break]

alas, fate is a cruel mistress.[break][break]

absinthe bites back a snarky comment when the stranger slips into a seat and asks for brandy, something along the lines of of course we have brandy. this is a damn bar. she might have let this go on the usual suspects, but something about saying such a thing to this woman seems just the slightest bit out of line. instead, absinthe dutifully and silently pours the brandy into a tulip cup, and serves it neat for the paying customer, all the while studying the woman's face through the motions. has absinthe seen this woman before?[break][break]

"you lost?" absinthe murmurs, voice muffled by her ever-present face-mask as she slides the glass across the table. "or have we seen each other before?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aria

Eve, Snake Eyes
She/Her
October 12
Sootopolis
Money
Scientist
Grunt
awards
55 posts
part of
TAG WITH @evelyn
Evelyn Vespera
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 0:17:19 GMT
Evelyn Vespera Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","sidebar"]

“Lost? Oh no I wanted simply to come somewhere new,” Evelyn said with a touch of indifference, her voice flat as she slid money from her purse and took a long, almost dismissive drag from her drink. She barely acknowledged the bartender’s polite inquiries, her attention locked on the masked woman at the bar. The dimly lit room seemed to blur around her as she struggled to place the fleeting memory that had surfaced. University days—one of those precious, carefree times she had almost forgotten. It couldn’t be Addy.

[break][break]

Evelyn’s brow furrowed deeper as she scrutinized the figure before her. Addy had always been someone with a spark of brilliance, destined for great things—just as Evelyn herself had once believed. The contrast between their past potential and their present reality was striking. She took another thoughtful sip of her brandy, the warmth of the drink doing little to soothe the pang of nostalgia and regret. After a long pause, she finally spoke, her voice tinged with both melancholy and a hint of acidity, “I don’t believe it...the fact I see you here of all places, Addy.”

[break][break]

[break]

• sorry for the wait bingo:past

[newclass=".snakeeyes"]--accent: #b374c9!important; --headercolor: #b374c9!important; [/newclas]
[newclass=".rizzy"]--accent: #b374c9; --headercolor: #b374c9;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy"]width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:15px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy b"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy i"]opacity:0.8; letter-spacing:0.5px; font-style:italic; text-decoration:solid underline #444; text-underline-offset:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .sidebar"]background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fa/8f/57/fa8f57a1b250fc89dfeee5a8a1efc829.jpg) center no-repeat; background-size: cover; min-height: 300px; max-height: 750px; width: 100px; margin: 15px; border: solid 9px #222; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .textbody"]width: 350px; align-items:center; background-color:#262626; border-radius:0px 15px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .postbody"]padding: 30px 30px 0px 25px;  color: #eee; text-align: justify; font: 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .oocnotes"]text-align: center; font: 11px/13px 'Poppins'; color: #666; border-top: 1px solid #303030; padding-top:10px; margin:0px 20px 10px 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .bannercolor"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--headercolor); height: 20px; border-radius: 0px 0px 15px 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".rizzy .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 7px; bottom: 24px;[/newclass][newclass=".rizzy .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.7s all; color:#222; opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=".rizzy:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 6:12:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

abby. the mere mention of the name makes absinthe's blood run cold. it has been three years since anyone has ever dared to address her with such a name, nonetheless said so bitterly. absinthe examines the woman's face, carefully this time, as she judges whether this is a sign of her past returning to bite her in the ass.[break][break]

then, realization. evelyn vespera. fuck.[break][break]

there is a pause, a beat of stunned silence, before absinthe explodes with a laugh that sounds like a bark.[break][break]

"abby?" her voice comes out like she's been slapped, sharp and stinging. "abby is dead. i'm absinthe."[break][break]

the chemist's eyes harden. "abby may have known you, evelyn," she says, a chill running down her spine at the mere suggestion of a life before her husband's untimely death. "but i do not."[break][break]

memories threaten to surface, of late nights studying over textbooks, of silly inside jokes and dreams of changing the world. it takes immense effort to shove those thoughts back down into the darkness from whence they came. this is no longer her life, no longer her name. it's true: they were classmates in a different life, but that was a long time ago. that peace can never be captured again. absinthe is almost unrecognizable from who she was back then. there are bags under her eyes, a mask she never takes off, a newfound madness in her eyes.[break][break]

"what brings you into this hellhole, evelyn?" absinthe murmurs as she busies herself with washing a glass behind the bar. "or are you just here to remind me of everything i've lost?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Aria

Eve, Snake Eyes
She/Her
October 12
Sootopolis
Money
Scientist
Grunt
awards
55 posts
part of
TAG WITH @evelyn
Evelyn Vespera
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 2:10:15 GMT
Evelyn Vespera Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","sidebar"]

Now, there was the fire she knew so well. Whatever fragments remained of that broken woman, Evelyn knew most of it was because of her influence. The past couldn’t be fixed, nor did she want it to be. She was only concerned with the future and what it had in store for her. A snake always knew how to use its venom.
[break][break]"Come now, do you really think I’m going to dredge up the dead? What would that accomplish? Why dwell on what’s been lost when you could focus on what’s been gained? So much has changed—we’ve both changed—but that doesn’t make this any less meaningful."She paused, letting her words settle, perhaps savoring the slight tension. Then, with a softer snort, she added, "I’m glad to see you, for what it’s worth. Your tongue is just as sharp as ever." [break][break]

"Alright, fine. You caught me," Evelyn smirked, taking another sip of her drink. "I came to check this place out. The 'snake pit' has been the talk of the streets, and I heard it’s attracting quite the crowd. Naturally, I had to see who was behind it. Now that I know, it all makes sense." Addy always knew how to work her magic in pharmacology, after all.

[break][break]

[break]

• Bingo:Change

[newclass=".snakeeyes"]--accent: #b374c9!important; --headercolor: #b374c9!important; [/newclas]

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 5:29:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"i'm flattered that you care so much about my establishment. i suppose," absinthe says, tone dripping with sarcasm. her attention is divided between the stranger - no, the old acquaintance - in front of her and the task at hand. it would be wrong of her to neglect her duties to wallow in the past. she must protect her peace. besides, she does not have much love for the past, not since… well. best not to think about that.[break][break]

absinthe glowers beneath her mask. it would figure that evelyn would be the one to survive, untouched. not absinthe. but then again, perhaps it isn't fair to assume that. maybe even the great and powerful evelyn has had her own trials and tribulations, whether absinthe knows them or not.[break][break]

"i run the bar because it gives people what they want," absinthe continues, slamming another glass down on the bar in an unnecessarily harsh manner. "escape, for a price. when one's life is in shambles, what else is there to do?"[break][break]

absinthe narrows her eyes at the other woman, suspicion running deep within even at the sight of a very old friend. her hand drifts closer to the bat she keeps stashed beneath the bar for those special occasions. not many people make it through her door, and even fewer do so with good intentions. she has learned to be wary.[break][break]

"what happened for you after college?" absinthe asks finally, gripping another glass with white knuckles. "did your life go as shitty as mine did?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- bingo: protect

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Aria

Eve, Snake Eyes
She/Her
October 12
Sootopolis
Money
Scientist
Grunt
awards
55 posts
part of
TAG WITH @evelyn
Evelyn Vespera
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 4:29:34 GMT
Evelyn Vespera Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","sidebar"]

"Oh, don’t flatter yourself! Honestly, with a cover name like Lady Taipan, I should’ve guessed it was you sooner." Evelyn snorted, staring down at her drink for what felt like an eternity. It was easy to get lost in the 'what-ifs' and 'what could have been,' but those thoughts only stirred up bitterness. Like a snake coiling tighter, she tensed, thinking of the family that was dead to her—and her ex, the deadbeat. Her judgment had been clouded by loathing and a thirst for revenge for too long.

[break][break]

"A lot has happened. Too much for one little story," s Her gaze fixed on the masked woman. Anger simmered just beneath the surface; this sudden reunion stirred things she’d rather keep buried. But she wouldn’t be anyone’s victim—not anymore. Her family, though… when she found them, they’d feel her venom. Her face darkened for a moment before she sighed, steadying herself. "Escape, you say? Funny how running seems easier than facing the mess you made. Escape is just denial—a way to delay the inevitable that will happen no what we do or try to stop it. Least from the shambles you left behind, you'll pick up the smallest pieces of what used to be you. You can learn, you can grow, and you can get revenge."

[break][break]

For a second, her mask slipped—the thought of her family cowering beneath her, like scared mice, was almost satisfying. And her ex… Evelyn sighed, knowing there was a special place in hell reserved for him. "I’ll tell you this," she said, her voice tinged with bitterness. "After college, I became a married woman with a promising career. Now? I’m a single mother, and my career’s the only thing keeping me afloat. There’s only so much you can take before it all drags you down."

[break][break]

She let absinthe fill in the gaps, "I don’t know if ‘shitty’ is the right word," she added, "but it’s far from what I expected my life to be."

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]

• Bingo judgment

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 5:55:13 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

absinthe's jaw clenches beneath her mask at the mention of 'denial' and 'inevitable messes,' a sharp reminder of the state she has found herself in. her heart throbs painfully at the thought that her life is not, nor will ever be, what it once was. but then, that's the price of loving. the price of loss. it's a heavy toll, paid dearly in blood and suffering, but she has no choice but to continue living.[break][break]

"i don't run," absinthe snaps, her voice strained with repressed emotion. her grip tightens on the glass in her hand, a crack splintering down the center. "i just accept my fate. i lost the one thing that mattered most to me, my family. my husband. and now, all i have left is this. i'm not hiding. i'm surviving."[break][break]

and, eventually, one day, maybe she will die with the perfect weapon. one day, maybe she will go down with the league. it seems the only fitting end. even now, her heart still yearns for death.[break][break]

she sets the cracked glass down with a dull thunk, drawing her gaze up to meet evelyn's for what feels like the first time. in the dim light of the neon signs, she catches a glimpse of herself reflected in evelyn's eyes: a shadow of who she once was, twisted into something ugly.[break][break]

"congratulations," absinthe says flatly. "it seems like we're both alone in this world. what a wonderful reunion."[break][break]

absinthe's attention is drawn to evenlyn's mention of her job. a career to keep the woman afloat. it reminds absinthe much of how rocket now acts as her lifeline. how it keeps her from screaming her lungs out and never, ever stopping. she would not celebrate seeing an old face, but she would relish in strengthening the underworld that keeps her fed. absinthe rolls her shoulders back as she looks back down at her hands, and the way the water of the bar's sink flows over her skin, cool and nourishing.[break][break]

"you know," she begins. "i make a lot of money nowadays. a lot more than i made at my pharmacology job. you could too, evelyn."

[break][break]

NOTES

- bingo: celebrate

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Aria

Eve, Snake Eyes
She/Her
October 12
Sootopolis
Money
Scientist
Grunt
awards
55 posts
part of
TAG WITH @evelyn
Evelyn Vespera
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 23:09:26 GMT
Evelyn Vespera Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","sidebar"]

Anger was as natural a feeling as pain and envy. Evelyn didn't envy Absinthe—at least those she had lost were dead. The ones she craved retribution from were still hiding in the shadows, while she waited for her moment to strike. She let out a deep sigh and placed her glass down. "Surviving? Maybe. But accepting your fate? That’s just another way of letting your demons win. You say you’ve lost everything, but you haven't you lost me? Time was never on our side. It almost never is, but I refuse to sit idle" Her Pride would never allow it.

[break][break]

"Yes, quite the reunion, but at least we have each other, as misery loves company." Evelyn, despite the many years apart, would be the one to stand and console her friend. Whatever was going through her emotions, it felt good—or maybe it was just the brandy talking.

[break][break]
She pondered what Absinthe might be thinking, but she already had some ideas. Absinthe no doubt had contacts to keep her business hidden, but Evelyn hadn’t been so lucky. "Absinthe, let's not be vague. Just say what you mean."
[break][break]

[break]

• bingo: Pride

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 0:05:34 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

you didn't lose me, evelyn, absinthe thinks bitterly to herself. i threw myself away willingly.[break][break]

she could have kept her career, she could have stayed afloat after her husband died. she chose to kill abby. no one pressured absinthe into doing that. she killed herself of her own volition.[break][break]

it still angers her, after all these years, that she was so foolish. so reckless with her heart. she always felt like a failure in her own right - always needing validation, always needing to prove herself. never mind that she had so much potential. never mind that she could have done anything she wanted, been anyone she wanted. she chose this path, and now she is living with the consequences. at the very least, rocket doesn't care about her. she's a cog, something to be used. it is a comfort to know that she is replacable, that she can work in peace to finally enact her revenge. rocket gives her the space to do so.[break][break]

"very well," absinthe sighs, leaning heavily against the bar. "rocket employs me. they pay me for the drugs i make. i get to live here without being raided. and they pay a lot of money, evelyn."[break][break]

absinthe narrows her eyes down at her hands. "i trust you, evelyn. i could put in a good word, if you're interested."[break][break]

of course she knows this will put them back in contact. of course this will eventually drag evelyn into the muck of rocket's shady dealings. but what choice does she have? some part of absinthe still wants her old friend.

[break][break]

NOTES

- bingo: space

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Aria

Eve, Snake Eyes
She/Her
October 12
Sootopolis
Money
Scientist
Grunt
awards
55 posts
part of
TAG WITH @evelyn
Evelyn Vespera
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 22:43:36 GMT
Evelyn Vespera Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","sidebar"]

Evelyn smiled, both inwardly and outwardly. It didn’t matter what name Absinthe went by—Addy would always be her, unchanged in Evelyn’s eyes. Though she would never admit it, she wanted to be closer to her. Joining Team Rocket... well, that required careful thought. Evelyn wasn’t the type to rush into anything, even though loneliness gnawed at her. She couldn’t ignore the two powerful factions in the region, always vying for control. Picking a side was inevitable, but once you did, there was almost no going back—especially with Team Rocket.

[break][break]

They were ruthless. They knew how to twist people to do their bidding, and betrayal was second nature to them. But Evelyn couldn’t deny the appeal. They had resources—more than the League could offer—and she needed those resources to track down her prey. Yes, they really were quite the wildcard in her plans. As long as she kept her daughter hidden, she wouldn’t have to worry. No one would ever know, except for Addy. And Evelyn trusted Addy with that secret; it was safe in her hands.

[break][break]

"Alright, after thinking it over." she said with a casual air, though her heart raced. "I’ll join Team Rocket. I’ll need a few days to sort out some things, but you can count me in."

[break][break]

[break]

• Bingo: Wildcard

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 23:05:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

a deep breath escapes absinthe at evelyn's acceptance to join team rocket. she cannot say she is surprised, not really. perhaps some part of her always knew that evelyn was a bit of a snake in the grass, willing to slip into darker paths should it suit her. it seems she has come to the conclusion that this darker path does indeed suit her.[break][break]

it's almost funny, in a tragic sort of way. a weight off her shoulders and a burden all at once.[break][break]

"alright," absinthe breathes out sharply, nodding once. "i can put in a good word soon. get you in touch with logistics."[break][break]

the implications of drawing her old friend into the fold are almost too much to bear. evelyn doesn't know what she's getting into. not really. she won't understand what it's like to be roped into rocket's dealings until it's too late. absinthe didn't. and surely, rocket will eat her alive, just as it did with so many before her. joining will either be evelyn's salvation, or it will be her tomb. rocket rarely does in betweens.[break][break]

in this moment, absinthe knows that rocket will be her tomb. death is the only fitting end for a viper. some days, absinthe wishes it would come sooner.[break][break]

nonetheless, absinthe pours them both another glass of amber liquor. "here’s to persistence, evelyn." she raises a glass. "and to grasping life by the throat."

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 22:27:29 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven